Topics

Why are my activity bubbles resetting to incomplete once they are complete? #bugs

westpointusma@...

Hello.

I’ve only been using it for 2 days, but suddenly, activity bubbles are not marking themselves complete once the timer is expired.  Instead, they are resetting to their initial value.

Example:

I have a task called Bahya (haha from your other app!).  It has a scheduled activity “do bahya 5 minutes”.

In the logging screen, I start the activity.

It counts down.

When it reaches 0, instead of disabling (or disappearing if I have my filter set to uncompleted only), it resets to 5 minutes.

It wasn’t doing this yesterday.  So what happened?

Take Care,

Michael Emerald, CFA

Performance Business Design

Owner, Business Strategy Consultant

Performance Business Design:

NEW: http://www.PerformanceBusinessDesign.com/consultants

OLD: http://www.PerformanceBusinessDesign.com

Massachusetts Plein Air Artists Group:

http://www.meetup.com/painter-84/

Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/michael.emerald

westpointusma@...

p.s. If it matters, I had my scheduled activities incorrectly attached to tasks

p.s. Before re-seeing the training video, I had my scheduled activities attached to tasks.  I didn’t realize that A TASK IS A ONE TIME OCCURRENCE, and that scheduled activities can be added directly to a category.  For now, I want all my activities to be scheduled and recurring.

I don’t know if this will solve the problem, but I wanted you to know what I was doing wrong.

[...]

Nadia Albul

Hello Michael,

Thanks a lot for your friendly bug report! Yes, it seems like it is a bug.

Could you please tell me more details so I can figure out what exactly is wrong? Does the bug remain in foreground (when the screen is not turned off and you see the time counting), as well as in background? Do you have overtime logging turned on? When the time is not logged (bubble shows 5 minutes), you long tap on the bubble and choose "Complete" - does it work properly or still the same?

Will really appreciate your answers!

PS. Tasks would not affect this. Scheduled activities not just can but should be attached to category. )

--
Best regards,
Nadia Albul